[Jderobot] Contribution to JdeRobot as a part of GSoC 2015

Abhinav Jain abhinavjain241 en gmail.com
Vie Mar 6 14:57:23 CET 2015

Hello All!

Congratulations on being selected for the Google Summer of Code 2015!
I am a Mathematics and Computer Science undergraduate student at Indian
Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India. I'd like to contribute to
JdeRobot as a part of GSoC 2015.

I particularly liked Idea #1, #2, #4, #7. I have previous experience with
Robotics and Computer Vision and have worked on various projects, including
an autonomous quadcopter using ArDrone, and on swarm robotics. I have
worked on ROS and implemented simulator for both the above projects using
Gazebo. I have a fairly good experience in C++ along with graphical tools
and libraries like Qt and a working knowledge of Python. I have also
extensively used OpenCV in all my projects involving Image Processing.

It'd be nice if someone could guide me through selecting the project and
assign subtasks which I can start doing.

Thank you,
--
Abhinav Jain
*Second Year Undergraduate Student*