[JdeRobot] Cameraserver

Oscar Garcia oscar.robotica at linaresdigital.com
Mon Mar 23 23:23:34 CET 2015

El 23/03/15 a las 22:42, shahsahil escribió:
> output of lsusb -
> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 5986:055e Acer, Inc
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0e0f:0003 VMware, Inc. Virtual Mouse
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
> the Acer, Inc Device 4 is the camera

It not was necessary, thanks. I needed dmesg output to know what module
and parameters was configured when USB device was connected.

> The output for sudo lsusb -v
>    screen.log
> <http://jderobot-developer-list.2315034.n4.nabble.com/file/n4642547/screen.log>

Thanks, your camera looks like it supports 320x240 in uncompressed and
jmpeg format.

       VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:
         bLength                            30
         bDescriptorType                    36
         bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)
         bFrameIndex                         3
         bmCapabilities                   0x00
           Still image unsupported
         wWidth                            320
         wHeight                           240
         dwMinBitRate                 36864000
         dwMaxBitRate                 36864000
         dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize      153600
         dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333
         bFrameIntervalType                  1
         dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333

       VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:
         bLength                            30
         bDescriptorType                    36
         bDescriptorSubtype                  7 (FRAME_MJPEG)
         bFrameIndex                         3
         bmCapabilities                   0x00
           Still image unsupported
         wWidth                            320
         wHeight                           240
         dwMinBitRate                 36864000
         dwMaxBitRate                 36864000
         dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize      153600
         dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333
         bFrameIntervalType                  1
         dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333

And both modes supports 30 fps (10.000.000 / 30 = 333333, dwFrameInterval).

I guess that it could be a permission problem. Your user have "video"
group? Try:

sudo adduser $USER video

And restart session.

It is possible that VIDIOC_QUERYMENU errors was caused by lack of
permissions.

If it not solve your problem (don't care about QUERYMENU messages) try
adding permissions in this way:

chmod a+rw /dev/video0

> The output for lsmod
> screen1.log
> <http://jderobot-developer-list.2315034.n4.nabble.com/file/n4642547/screen1.log>

It is a UVC compatible webcam (uvcvideo module), so The webcam should
work perfectly, flawless.

Please, try and tell me the result.

Thanks.