[JdeRobot] Cameraserver

Oscar Garcia oscar.robotica at linaresdigital.com
Tue Mar 24 19:54:12 CET 2015

El 24/03/15 a las 19:18, shahsahil escribió:
> It is still not working for me. I just get the black screen in cameraview.

Hi again,

Blank screen may be no data (frames) fetched.

For debug purposes could you change this lines of code in
cameraserver.cpp after line 261[1]?

while(!requests.empty()) {
   std::cout << ".";       /* print a dot every frame served to a client */
   jderobot::AMD_ImageProvider_getImageDataPtr cb = requests.front();
   requests.pop_front();
   cb->ice_response(reply);
}

This will print a dot (.) every frame served to client (cameraview), not
only every frame.

You can do the same at client side. Add this line after line 47[2] in
cameraview.cpp:

jderobot::ImageDataPtr data = cprx->getImageData();
std::cout << ".";       /* print a dot every frame received */

If you can see dots in cameraserver and cameraview when black image is
shown then the problem is the camera, probably due to USB port
virtualizacion. If there is NOT dots (nor server, nor viewer side) then
the problem seems to be configuration of ICE endpoints, firewalls or
something like this.

Have you try to boot on a ubuntu live USB? You can use a 16GB (better
32BG) with a complete ubuntu instalation (with USB disk partitions)
without any risk to your current operative system (Windows 7/8?).

If you are afraid about lose your windows system/data you could
disconnect your hard drive during ubuntu live DVD to USB install (I
don't ever try to install a patitioned USB from a live USB). If it is a
hypervisor problem (vmware, virtualbox, xen, ect) this will solve the
problem and you will have a native test environment better than
virtualized one.

Best regards.

[1]:
https://github.com/RoboticsURJC/JdeRobot/blob/master/src/stable/components/cameraserver/cameraserver.cpp#L261