[JdeRobot] GSOC 2015 proposal

Oscar Garcia oscar.robotica at linaresdigital.com
Fri Mar 27 15:46:28 CET 2015

El 27/03/15 a las 15:15, porcell1 escribió:
> My name is Antonio Porcelli, I am an Italian student of Computer Science at
> the University of Salerno.
> I have already submitted the form with the JdeRobot and Android Challenge.
> I would to participate at gsoc with JdeRobot, project 6 for Android Wear.

Welcome Antonio.

Currently there is two android projects related with android.

One of them is android teleoperator[1], that lets you control any robot
with an android mobile/tablet/pc.

Other one, programmed by me, is AndroidCameraServer[2], that lets you
send images from android camera to any jderobot component that needs it.

Feel free to test, study and modify the code.

I'm working hard right now to integrate java interface build to cmake
chain. Right now I can build them at the same time that cpp and python
ones, but I looking for some tips to modify library path (Ice.jar,
defaults to /usr/share/java/Ice.jar inside libzeroc-ice3.5-java package)
to avoid include it in repository and to change android project
configuration to target correct interface generated path.

Kind regards.

[1]:
https://github.com/RoboticsURJC/JdeRobot/tree/master/src/testing/components/android-teleoperator
[2]: https://github.com/ojgarciab/AndroidCameraServer