[JdeRobot] Debian packages ready!

Maykel Moya mmoya at mmoya.org
Wed Nov 4 13:07:34 CET 2015

On 04/11/15 01:58, Victor Arribas wrote:

Hi Victor

> I just read a bit about docker, so could you tell me any thing about it?
> My questions are:
> 1. Relies in debootstrap?

Not in this case, the 'FROM ubuntu:14.04' line tells the docker builder
to apply changes on top of a base ubuntu image. That image already
exists in the docker hub.

> 2. Can it be placed on top of host system

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Docker runs directly on the host. There are not VM involved in the process.

Think of it as chroot  on steroids (isolated networking/users/filesystem).

> 3. Apart stacking, allows "branching"? (common base for two dockerfiles)

Yes, you can have as many Dockerfile as you wish, each one applying
different changes on top of a common image.

Regards,
maykel