[JdeRobot] Install jderobot ubuntu 16.04 LTS

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Fri Aug 26 09:12:18 CEST 2016

Uhm... yes. For sure you can use JdeRobot in Ubuntu Linux 16.04. It is
open source, so you can install it from the source code, manage its
dependencies on your own and compile it on your machine. JdeRobot
works on any Linux distribution as long as you install the libraries
and staff it depends on.

As Aitor is pointing out, the JdeRobot official packages (for making
its installation easy, just a sequence of apt-get commands) are not
ready yet. We are waiting for a bug in VTK library package to be
solved. As soon as it is solved we will deliver and announce in this
list the new available JdeRobot packages, both for last LTS Ubuntu
release and Debian (which are so far the supported distributions in
our packages).

Have you found any problem with JdeRobot in Ubuntu 14.04?

Cheers,

JoseMaria

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Aitor Martínez
<aitor.martinez.fernandez en gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Javier,
>
> At the moment cannot be used JdeRobot at 16.04.
>
> We depend on the VTK library, which in 16.04 has a bug[1] still not fixed in
> Ubuntu, has an open incidence.
> If you could indicate that your it also affects this bug, we could do little
> more than force so that they solve it.
>
> Greetings, Aitor
>

> [1]  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vtk6/+bug/1602463
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vtk6/+bug/1602463>