[JdeRobot] Installing JdeRobot.

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Sun Jan 3 08:18:35 CET 2016

Hi Javier,

uhm, it is hard to me to understand your question. Have you installed
JdeRobot from debian package [1] (it is the recommended way)? In that
case cameraserver and cameraview should work as in [2] like a charm.
Do they in your machine? Francisco has recently updated the manual so
it has a better organization and new contents. Please follow the
directions in [1].

"If you want to use JdeRobot you do not need to download its source
code, just install it and use it. If you want to develop your own
robotic or computer vision application then you probably have to
download the source code following any of the directions here and use
your software with a running JdeRobot in your computer."

As far as I know you are interested in developing your "cameraview" in
python. Then the cameraview component in C++ has nothing to do with
your development at all. The only point in common is that both,
cameraview and your component, will use the camera ICE interface. You
have an example of a python component receiving images in introrob.py.
See in the source code how it requests images. It also uses Qt for its
GUI. It will help you to develop your own "cameraview.py".

Hope it helps,

JoseMaria
[1] http://jderobot.org/Manual-5#Installing_JdeRobot_5
[2] http://jderobot.org/index.php/Running_JdeRobot#Cameraserver_.2B_Cameraview
[3] https://github.com/RoboticsURJC/JdeRobot/tree/master/src/stable/components/introrob_py

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 8:45 PM, FRANCISCO JAVIER GUTIERREZ-MATURANA
SANCHEZ <fj.gutierrezs en alumnos.urjc.es> wrote:
> Hi!,
>

> I am trying jderobots version because I need develop a cameraview in python
> I had installed jderobot-core, I could run cameraview and cameraserver. But
> I had got problems with the development cameraview.
>

> I am reinstalling jderobot I downloaded the source code from  github but I
> have got errors to compile code.
>

> I use Ubuntu 14.04.
>

> And this is the error ocurred for the installation.
>

> I hope you can help me.
>

> ¿The viewer object to show the images captured with my client cameraview.py
> proxy adapter in Ice appears in C++ but not in python. ¿Should I slice in
> python the interfaces?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Javier.

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos