[JdeRobot] New Release is here! Jderobot 5.4.1

Francisco PĂ©rez f.perez475 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:56:43 CEST 2016

The new version of JdeRobot is already out. It includes huge changes related
with all our third party software :D

Some of the most important changes are:

* We no longer support Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) in benefit of Ubuntu Xenial
(16.04). Implications:

     * Update: from Gazebo 5 to Gazebo 7
     * Update: from Ice 3.5 to Ice 3.6
     * Update: from PCL 1.7 to PCL 1.8
     * Update: from OpenCV 2.4 to OpenCV 3
     * Update: from Vtk 5.8 to Vtk 7
     * Update: from Python 2.7 to Python 3.5
     * Update: from Kobukilib 0.3 to kobukilib 0.7
     * Modification: we get rid from qwt and as alternative we now use qfi
(Qt Flight Instruments) Due to qwt has no longer suppor for python.
     * Enhancement: revisited all the gazebo models and plugins
     * Enhancement: ported all Teaching robotics components from python 2.7
to python 3.5 (Teaching robotics package will be available soon!)
     * And so on.

For further information you can see the release  page
<https://github.com/JdeRobot/JdeRobot/releases/tag/JdeRobot-5.4.1>

Enjoy it!