[JdeRobot] ICE Server in Android

s.rey samuel.rey.escudero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:15:44 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am working on an Android app that get the GPS data and uses ICE for create
a server sow others applications can get the data. I do this in a separate
thread so it does not block the UI:

private void connectIce(){
        Log.d("GPS", "CONNECTING ICE");
        final Ice.Object object = new GpsI(mLocationManager, this);
        Log.d("GPS", "OBJECT CREATED");
        new Thread(new Runnable() {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                try {
                    ic = Ice.Util.initialize();
                    Log.d("GPS", "IC INITIALIZED");
                    mAdapter = ic.createObjectAdapterWithEndpoints("GPS",
"default -h 0.0.0.0 -p 10001");
                    mAdapter = ic.createObjectAdapter("GPS");
                    Log.d("GPS", "ENDPOINT CONNECTED");
                    mAdapter.add(object, ic.stringToIdentity("GPS"));
                    Log.d("GPS", "ICE CONNECTED");
                    mAdapter.activate();
                    ic.waitForShutdown();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    Log.e("ERROR", "HEMOS TENIDO UN ERROR!!");
                    Log.e("ERROR",  e.getMessage());
                }
            }
        }).start();
    }

This function is called in the onCreate method, but when I call:
ic.createObjectAdapterWithEndpoints("GPS", "default -h 0.0.0.0 -p 10001");

The program stop and I get this error:
E/GpsXtraDownloader: No XTRA servers were specified in the GPS configuration

Is there another way to set the ICE server listening? Or how could I solve
this?

Thanks!