[JdeRobot] [Progeo] Error compiling component

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Mon Feb 13 09:49:06 CET 2017

Uhm... it seems a linking problem:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/jderobot//libprogeo.a(progeo.c.o):
undefined reference to symbol 'xmlParseFile@@LIBXML2_2.4.30'

The xmlParseFile symbol is not found. Digging a little bit, that
symbol is included in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.a (provided by
the libxml2-dev package) (and maybe by the corresponding dynamic
library: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so). The dependence on such
package (and the corresponding directories) is not fully included in
the compilation and dependence chain for your component Manuel. Progeo
is a C library itself and the C library that provides xml file parsing
is libxml2 (and libxml2-dev), instead of  libxml++2.6-2v5
libxml++2.6-dev (they are wrappers for C++). Maybe this dependence
should be properly included in your CMakeLists, so g++ is launched
with the good -L and -l for linking with progeo and the libraries it
depends on.

Hope it helps,

JoseMaria

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Francisco Pérez <f.perez475 en gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> you seem to have a problem with your CMakeLists not linking the correct
> libraries. Can you upload your code somewhere so we can compile it by our
> own? That way, we can determine where the problem is :D
>
> Regards!
>

> --

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
http://gsyc.urjc.es/jmplaza