[JdeRobot] [Progeo] Error compiling component

Francisco PĂ©rez f.perez475 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:09:43 CET 2017

Hi Manuel,

I've been reviewing your code but it's a little mess :S Some observations:

   * I've seen that you are mixing Qt and GTK stuff, and that is not a good
practice I think. We recommend you to choose between both libraries to take
care of the user interface part. Qt is simplier if you are using QtCreator
to make your project :)

   * Also, if you finally choose Qt as your user interface library, we are
currently working with Qt5, because we left Qt4 behind us and it's not
compatible anymore with JdeRobot. So you may have to upgrade your Qt
libraries and refactor your code to work with Qt5.

   * If you can, before making a pull request with your component,
reorganize the source code and add more subfolders instead of having all
your clases at the same level, that would make our revision task easier :D

   * Finally, instead of compiling with qmake (as QtCreator does by
default), we need to have a CMakeLists file to compile your code with cmake.
We don't work with qmake.

About your error, I've not been able to compile it due to all the things
above, but it seems that you have a problem with the inclusion of your xml
libraries (-lxml2). If you can give us a CMakeLists file I can prepare the
environment to compile your code with QT4 (just for testing purposes) and
see where the error is.

I know I'm asking you for a little bit of extra work and effort (it's our
fault for not having a guideline for programming in JdeRobot, sorry) but
this way you can be sure your project will be in the official repo!

Good luck!