[JdeRobot] Problems running Jderobot-Academy scripts

cawadall carlosawadallah at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 13:59:58 CEST 2017

Dear Developers,

I've installed all JdeRobot software infrastructure following the steps of
"Installation for developing in JdeRobot", as well as JdeRobot-Academy
software. Once installed, y tried to run several practices, but I got the
same problem with all of them when importing jderobot. Here is an example:
$ ./position_control.py --Ice.Config=position_control_conf.cfg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./position_control.py", line 23, in <module>
    from MyAlgorithm import MyAlgorithm
  File "/home/cawadall/Academy/src/position_control/MyAlgorithm.py", line 6,
in <module>
    import jderobot
ImportError: No module named 'jderobot'

I have done the installation step by step as shown in JdeRobot website, so I
don't know where is the problem. I got another problem when importing cv2
with another script:
$ ./color_filter.py --Ice.Config=color_filter_conf.cfg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./color_filter.py", line 23, in <module>
    from MyAlgorithm import MyAlgorithm
  File "/home/cawadall/Academy/src/color_filter/MyAlgorithm.py", line 4, in
<module>
    import cv2
ImportError: /opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cv2.so: undefined
symbol: PyCObject_Type

I'm not used to this kind of installations, so I hope you could help me
solving it.

Regards
Carlos.

--