[JdeRobot] Issue testing CameraView with jderobot

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Mon Sep 11 20:23:38 CEST 2017

Uhm... too bad to have this simple demo broken. I've run the demo
following the directions [1] and it also fails at the same point. I'm
using JdeRobot-5.5.2 installed from debian package.

CameraServer seems to run perfectly. Launching opencvdemo component
with its default configuration file opencvdemo.cfg it succesfully
connects to the cameraserver....

No idea how to solve it... Is CameraView component broken???

JoseMaria
[1] http://jderobot.org/index.php/Running_JdeRobot#Cameraserver_.2B_Cameraview

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 12:28 AM, elibm 2000 <elibm2000 en gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello to everyone,
>
> I am testing the CameraServer + CameraView , but I do not manage to run the
> CameraView.
>
> Here is the error message that I get:
>
> ~$ cameraview cameraview.cfg
> [Info] loaded Ice.Config file: /usr/local/share/jderobot/conf/cameraview.cfg
> Receiving Image from ICE interfaces
> 'Ice::NoObjectFactoryException'
>   what():  BasicStream.cpp:2667: Ice::NoObjectFactoryException:
> protocol error: no suitable object factory found for
> `::jderobot::CameraDescription':
> no object factory found and compact format prevents slicing (the sender
> should use the sliced format instead)
> Aborted (core dumped)
>

> Please , do you know how to solve this issue?
>
> Regards
> Elías

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
http://gsyc.urjc.es/jmplaza