[JdeRobot] Introduction

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza josemaria.plaza at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 13:23:51 CET 2021

Hi Aakash,

nice to meet you. A good way to start contributing is to get familiar
with our software products. In particular, RoboticsAcademy is the most
active one and a priority project.  The best way to start contributing
is to USE RoboticsAcademy (solve and provide feedback) about the
exercises already available in current release [2] (FollowLine,
ObstacleAvoidance, VacuumCleaner,
LocalizedVacuumCleaner...). They use the browser as the only GUI (for
source code editing and for exercise monitoring), and a docker image
for running the Gazebo simulator (it
is named RADI= RoboticsAcademy Docker Image). Please use the GitHub
Discussions [1] for questions (you will receive support there) and
report any detected bug creating an issue for each one in the
RoboticsAcademy repository [3]. Feel free to share videos in the forum
or mentioning @JdeRobot in twitter of your solutions to those
exercises in operation.

After using RoboticsAcademy, a second step in contributing is studying
its source code and improve it. Other active projects are
VisualCircuit [5][6] and FPGA-Robotics [7][8]. We have one Slack
channel per project and several WorkingGroups for solid contributors.

In addition, in JdeRobot community we have a Robotics Club, on it we
help students to improve their robotics abilities through periodic
meetings with JdeRobot mentors, experts on robotics, and collaboration
on some specific projects. Each member of the Club has his/her own
repository and blog, beyond working on official code repositories too.
Take a look at Sakshay's blog [4]. The main advantage on your side of
joining the Robotics Club is to learn more robotics abilities,
contribute to nice open source projects and to receive mentoring from
robotics experts, for free. After doing a good betatesting of
RoboticsAcademy you may be invited to the RoboticsClub, if interested.

Cheers,

JoseMaria
[1] https://github.com/JdeRobot/RoboticsAcademy/discussions
[2] https://jderobot.github.io/RoboticsAcademy/exercises/
[3] https://github.com/JdeRobot/RoboticsAcademy
[4] https://theroboticsclub.github.io/colab-Sakshay_Mahna
[5] https://github.com/JdeRobot/VisualCircuit
[6] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMRDqv3TYB0
[7] https://github.com/JdeRobot/FPGA-robotics
[8] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbdQ36ZJ7Lo

On Sat, Nov 6, 2021 at 10:14 AM Aakash kaushik
<kaushikaakash7539 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I Hope everyone is happy and healthy.
> My name is Aakash-kaushik(github) and i am third year student doing my undergrad in computer science engineering and i wanted to participate in google summer of code 2022 with the organisation so i wanted to know places i can start and help with and if there is a faster way to communicate with the community.
>
> Best,
> Aakash

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
http://gsyc.urjc.es/jmplaza