[JdeRobot] Want to contribute to jde

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza josemaria.plaza at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:23:47 CEST 2022

Hi Anurag,

nice to meet you. A good way to start contributing is to get familiar with
our software products. In particular, RoboticsAcademy is the most active
one and a priority project. The best way to start contributing is to USE
RoboticsAcademy (solve and provide feedback) about the exercises already
available in current release [2] (FollowLine, ObstacleAvoidance,
VacuumCleaner, LocalizedVacuumCleaner...). They use the browser as the only
GUI (for source code editing and for exercise monitoring), and a docker
image for running the Gazebo simulator (it is named RADI= RoboticsAcademy
Docker Image). The docker image already includes a Django webserver for
providing the exercise webpages. Please use the GitHub Discussions [1] for
questions (you will receive support there) and report any detected bug
creating an issue for each one in the RoboticsAcademy repository [3]. Feel
free to share videos in the forum or mentioning @JdeRobot in twitter of
your solutions to those exercises in operation. It also includes some
exercises on DeepLearning: digit classifier and human detection.

After using RoboticsAcademy, a second step in contributing is studying its
source code and improve it. Other active projects are VisualCircuit [5][6]
and FPGA-Robotics [7][8]. We have one Slack channel per project and several
WorkingGroups for solid contributors.

In addition, in JdeRobot community we have a Robotics Club, on it we help
students to improve their robotics abilities through periodic meetings with
JdeRobot mentors, experts on robotics, and collaboration on some specific
projects. Each member of the Club has his/her own repository and blog,
beyond working on official code repositories too. Take a look at Sakshay's
blog [4]. The main advantage on your side of joining the Robotics Club is
to learn more robotics abilities, contribute to nice open source projects
and to receive mentoring from robotics experts, for free. After doing a
good betatesting of RoboticsAcademy you may be invited to the RoboticsClub,
if interested.

Cheers,

JoseMaria
[1] https://github.com/JdeRobot/RoboticsAcademy/discussions
[2] https://jderobot.github.io/RoboticsAcademy/exercises/
[3] https://github.com/JdeRobot/RoboticsAcademy
[4] https://theroboticsclub.github.io/colab-Sakshay_Mahna
[5] https://github.com/JdeRobot/VisualCircuit
[6] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMRDqv3TYB0
[7] https://github.com/JdeRobot/FPGA-robotics
[8] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbdQ36ZJ7Lo

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 6:30 PM Anurag Verma <akvermaav629 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, myself Anurag Verma and i am interested in machine learning,
> artificial intelligence and robotics. I have knowledge of Python, Django,
> djangorestframework, C++ and deep learning and also completed few projects
> based on same like e-com API and face recognition using tenserflow, openCV
> and deep learning.
> Based on my knowledge kindly suggest me any project on which i can
> contribute gain knowledge from you guys.
>
> I hope to hear from you soon.
>
> Thanks and Regards

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
http://gsyc.urjc.es/jmplaza