[Opensym2020] OpenSym 2020 will be online - Deadline will be extended one month

Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona jgb at gsyc.es
Tue Apr 14 18:53:02 CEST 2020

On Tue, 2020-04-14 at 16:24 +0200, Gregorio Robles wrote:

>   Dear OpenSym 2020 organizing team,
>
>   as we agreed yesterday, I proposed to SC to go on-line for OpenSym
> 2020 and to extend the deadline for one month. They all thought that
> it is the smartest move.
>
>   We will have challenging (but interesting) times ahead!
>
>   Klaas, Xiao, could you update the CfP?
>
>   Valentina, Javier, we should have new dates for NIER as well.
>
>   I have my doubts with posters, J1 and the doctoral consortium...
> but we can discuss them next Monday.

Sorry for not being yesterday. What doubts do you have wrt Journal
First? I would suggest delaying the deadline as much as possible (as
Dirk suggests), and maybe take advantage of the conference being online
to ask contributors for Journal first for a short video (maybe 5 min.)
which could be a kind of a teaser of their paper, likely in addition to
a larger presentation during the conference. The video would not need
to be somebody speaking about the paper, with some slides: it could be
anything authors want to produce to promote their paper. This way,
meybe we could get a nice collection of 5 min. videos about papers in
our field...

What do you think?

	Jesus.

http://twitter.com/jgbarah          http://gsyc.es/~jgb