[Opensym2021] Welcome to OpenSym 2021 OC list

Gregorio Robles grex at gsyc.urjc.es
Tue Mar 2 16:51:09 CET 2021

  Hi, Stefan

  regional publicity chairs have as mission spreading the word about
OpenSym in their region. Basically, that people know that OpenSym exists,
that they can submit, and participate also online with a certainly low
registration cost.

  The call for papers and the document with the concept about OpenSym 2021
are tools to help in that endeavor. Distributing it in mailing lists once
we have them finalized would be a good idea.

  With Amit we were even talking about having some day a meetup with
researchers and practitioners from Asia interested in OpenSym to make the
conference more familiar to them. Depending on the interest, we could do
something similar for other regions. I am open to any idea and activity; I
think this year we have a big opportunity being hybrid to attract many
newcomers.

  regards, Gregorio