[Jderobot-dev] Kinect’s depth map on your Android device

jde-developers jde-developers en gsyc.es
Lun Jul 1 11:54:58 CEST 2013

Jderobot, technology that rocks has posted a new item, 'Kinect’s depth map on
your Android device'

Two weeks ago, I have received the new fashion gadget of Microsoft: the kinect
sensor. Thanks for the community (libfreenect), this sensor designed for Xbox
can be used in GNU/Linux systems. Lately I have the need of integrate anything
with Android mobile (is it because I have over 3 years programming with
Android?) So, I couldnt pass up this opportunity!
Using JDEROBOT (a distributed framework to programming behaviors robotic)
and ICE (Internet Communications Engine) is possible show the images of kinect
in an Android mobile. Using the mobile we can see the normal image, the depth
image, control the tilt movements and play with the leds. For this,
its necessary connect the kinect to PC with jderobot running and the android
mobile access to PC using wifi connection to obtain all the date and images.
Soon, all source code will be FLOSS, meanwhile you can see the next video.

You may view the latest post at
http://blog.rocapal.org/?p=171

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
jde-developers
jde-developers en gsyc.es