[JdeRobot] GSoC 2015 introduction + Introrobot problem

Andrei Militaru militaru.andrei92 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:21:16 CEST 2015

Good day,

My name is Andrei Militaru and I will be working as part of the GSoC 2015
program, on a JdeRobot project. My topic is "Interconnection between
JdeRobot and ROS" and to view the work that has been done so far please use
this link: http://jderobot.org/Militaru92-colab

I have reached a point in my project where I have to use Introrobot and I
am having some difficulties.

I have followed the instructions at:
http://jderobot.org/Teaching_robotics_with_jderobot#2013-2014_courses

I managed to run the gazebo part, but when I try to run introrobot
(introrob --Ice.Config=./introrob.cfg) I get:

Network.cpp:2169: Ice::ConnectionRefusedException:
connection refused: Connection refused

I believe the problem is that the the camera interface is not set when I
run *gazebo pioneer2dxJde.world.* When I run it I get the following output:

LaserDump Constructor
constructor Motors
Wheel Separation:0.28
Wheel Diameter:0.220005
constructor pose3dencoders
constructor Encoders
motors name pioneer2dx
GetName() encoders: pioneer2dx
Motors Endpoints > default -h localhost -p 9999
Pose3DEncoders1 Endpoints > default -h localhost -p 9993
Pose3DEncoders2 Endpoints > default -h localhost -p 9992
Pose3DMotors1 Endpoints > default -h localhost -p 9991
Pose3DMotors2 Endpoints > default -h localhost -p 9990
Encoders Endpoints > default -h localhost -p 9997
 laser: pioneer2dx::laser
Laser Endpoints > default -h localhost -p 9996

As you can see, there is nothing printed about the camera. I used the
JdeRobot code from this repository:
https://github.com/RoboticsURJC/JdeRobot.git. Is there still some work done
on it?

Best regards,