[JdeRobot] Cameraserver

Lihang Li licalmer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 03:26:37 CET 2015

Hi Erkam,

What camera are you using? I'm using a Logitech Pro 9000, so the driver is
V4L, the camera can be found using:

ls /dev/video*

My device is /dev/video0.

So probably you should figure out, which camera model are you using? Like
UVC, IEEE-1394 or DV? Thus you can try if it can fetch images using normal
applications like `UVC Viewer`.

Make sure you got a device in /dev/ and it is working. Then pay attention
to the config file you pass to CameraServer, select the right device
according to your camera model.

Good luck,
Lihang

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:27 AM, erkam <erkam.uyanik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a similar problem. I know I should first run cameraserver and while
> it is running should run cameraview. Yet, when I run camera server, it
> gives
> an output like this:
>
> Constructor CameraI -> CameraSrv.Camera.0.
> URI: 0
>
> and return to the shell instead of continuing as the example in the first
> message. And since it stops running, when I try to run cameraview, it gives
> the following output:

> Network.cpp:2169: Ice::ConnectionRefusedException:
> connection refused: Connection refused
>
> What may causes this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Erkam
>

> --

Lihang Li
National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition (NLPR)
Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IACAS)
95 Zhongguancun East Road
Beijing 100190, CHINA
Tel: +86-13811582143
Website: http://hustcalm.me