[JdeRobot] Discussions about Programming Style and Coding Conventions

Lihang Li licalmer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:52:56 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm reading the source code of JdeRobot and wondering if we got a common
programming style guide or coding conventions? I do find here
<http://jderobot.org/Jderobot-FAQ#Programming_style>[1] is a Programming
Style section, but not talking too much except forDoxygen.

For better collaboration, the coherent of coding conventions are important,
especially for new developers trying to help and contribute source code.

I find two good references and hopefully we can have some discussions, then
come out with our ownJdeRobot Programming Style and Coding Conventions
according
to the existed code base. Maybe also do some code refactoring.

The references are Google C++ Style Guide
<https://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cppguide.html>[2] and C++
Programming Style Guidelines <http://geosoft.no/development/cppstyle.html>[3].
They mainly coverC++, we can also make adaptions to Python and Java, etc.

For convenience of tracking and discussion, I also opened an issue on
Github[4].

Looking forward to your comments!!!

Cheers,
Lihang

[1] http://jderobot.org/Jderobot-FAQ#Programming_style

[2] https://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cppguide.html

[3] http://geosoft.no/development/cppstyle.html

[4] https://github.com/RoboticsURJC/JdeRobot/issues/22

--
Lihang Li
National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition (NLPR)