[JdeRobot] Mk802IV with Jderobot

Lihang Li licalmer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 02:45:06 CET 2015

"<M> instead <*>" means that to compile "USB Video Class (UVC)" as a
module, thus you can load and unload it at will, also tune parameters of
the module.

For kernel headers missing, you probably need to install some packages
relating to kernel build, like for Ubuntu[1].

Lihang

[1]
http://askubuntu.com/questions/75709/how-do-i-install-kernel-header-files

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Andrés J Hernández Escobar <
andresjhe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand the "<M> instead <*>". Do you mean to download the
> source from the UVC and compile it? I tried it, but for some reason I
> couldn't build it because I don't have the kernel headers :s
> I you know a diferent way to compile it I would be very grateful!
>
> Andres

> :
>
>> El 27/03/15 a las 00:24, Andrés J Hernández Escobar escribió:
>>
>>> I'll try to compile it with the UVC module included to see if that's the
>>> problem.
>>>

>> Hi Andrés.
>>
>> If you can do a "ls /dev/video0" and the device is there, then it is
>> possible that the driver is not the problem.
>>
>> Instead compiling kernel with embedded webcam drivers, try to compile
>> "USB Video Class (UVC)" as a module (<M> instead <*>) to allow you to
>> change parameters as described previously.
>>
>> Regards,

Lihang Li
National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition (NLPR)
Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IACAS)
95 Zhongguancun East Road
Beijing 100190, CHINA
Tel: +86-13811582143
Website: http://hustcalm.me