[JdeRobot] Random core dump on glade set stock icon

Oscar Garcia oscar.robotica at linaresdigital.com
Fri Mar 27 06:29:12 CET 2015

Good night,

I have a problem that I lose sleep, literally. I'm working on it
severals hours ago and I have come to a dead end.

I had this code (in new viewer.cpp[1][2]):

void Viewer::DisplayError() {
   pthread_mutex_unlock(&mutex_);
   gtk_image_in_->set(Gtk::Stock::MISSING_IMAGE, Gtk::ICON_SIZE_DIALOG);
   main_window_->resize(1, 1);
   while (gtk_main_.events_pending())
     gtk_main_.iteration();
   pthread_mutex_lock(&mutex_);
}

Application randomly crashes with a core dump when this function is
called in this line:

gtk_image_in_->set(Gtk::Stock::MISSING_IMAGE, Gtk::ICON_SIZE_DIALOG);

Error message: Violación de segmento (`core' generado)

I don't know why original programmer of opencvdemo wrote locks in
reverse order, but I don't know if it is the root cause of the problem
or something else.

If I don't change the image to the "missing image" icon the application
(commenting out that line of code) is able to survive any network
problem and recover just when cameraserver and/or AndroidCameraServer
went online again. But if I try to change the icon the application
survives easily (one of six-ten survives) cameraserver closes (control+c
to kill cameraserver) but one of two-three times opencvdemo crashes at
same time that AndroidCameraServer closes pressing "back" button.

Anyone have any idea about the issue?

Thanks in advance. I'm go to rest and sleep for a while :) Regards!

[1]:
https://github.com/ojgarciab/JdeRobot/blob/Fix_27/src/stable/components/opencvdemo/viewer.cpp#L771
[2]: https://github.com/ojgarciab/JdeRobot/tree/Fix_27
Branch "Fix_27" of my JdeRobot fork.