[JdeRobot] Suggestion for setting up Gitter or an IRC channel

Lihang Li licalmer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:59:42 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I've been watching the list for a while and thinking about there might be
some delay when trying to get help from the mailing list. For instance, the
Mk802IV thread.

Lots of open source projects have an IRC channel for IM(Instant Message),
mostly on Freenode[1], here people can hold meetings or discussing problems
to resolve it in a more efficient way. I'v been using IRC for days.
However, I find Gitter[2] might be a better choice, it integrates with
Github perfectly, also it supports Web, MacOS, Linux, Windows, iOS,
Android, etc.

I believe Gitter and IRC could boost our development and bring better
communication, especially for instant discussion and problem solving.

Any ideas?

[1] https://freenode.net/
[2] https://gitter.im/

--
Lihang Li
National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition (NLPR)