[JdeRobot] GSoC-2015 at JdeRobot begins today

jde-developers jde-developers at gsyc.es
Mon May 25 13:57:35 CEST 2015

Jderobot, technology that rocks has posted a new item, 'GSoC-2015 at JdeRobot
begins today'

The three months GSoC-2015 working period begins today. This year JdeRobot was
accepted by Google as one of the GSoC-2015 mentoring organizations, and three
slots were granted. We had to prioritize among the received student's proposals
and among our ideas list. Finally JdeRobot project accepted three students from
over the world. First, Lihang Li from China, who is working on structure
reconstruction using Kinect-2 device. Second, Satyaki Chakraborty, from India,
who is working on interconnection of JdeRobot with Android Wear. And third,
Andrei Militaru from Romania, who is working on interconnection of JdeRobot with
ROS. They all are having weekly meetings with their corresponding mentors and
their work can be followed at their web pages and github entries. Their
contributions will expand the quality and functionality of our open-source
robotics framework.

In addition, GSoC program has also let other international students to meet
JdeRobot project. For instance, Pranav Goswami is collaborating in object
recognition using Kinect2 device.

You may view the latest post at
http://blog.jderobot.org/gsoc-2015-at-jderobot-begins-today/

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.
Best regards,
jde-developers
jde-developers at gsyc.es