[JdeRobot] Jderobot help

Lihang Li licalmer at gmail.com
Tue May 26 08:28:45 CEST 2015

Hi Ivan,

I would suggest that you start with JdeRobot on a Ubuntu machine(currently
Ubuntu 14.04 is in good support).

For your issues on Mac, can you be more specified about what issues you
got, like which libraries fail to install, how the compile would fail.

Even though I haven't tried JdeRobot on Mac, I get some suggestions to get
it running:

(1) Install all the dependencies needed by JdeRobot components, homebrew is
a good starting point, or if there are something missing, you can try
install from compiling the source code yourself, to use the cameraserver
component, I believe there won't not too much dependencies to install,
probably the Ice and camera driver will be enough.

(2) Get the JdeRobot source code, run cmake then make

My preferred way to install JdeRobot would be `run cmake` first to figure
out what dependencies are missing, then install them one by one.

Let's see what issues will be there and discuss together afterwards.

BTW, if you don't have a machine with Ubuntu at hand, you can try install a
Virtual Machine on your Mac, then install Ubuntu in it.

Good luck:-)

PS: I Cc your message to the JdeRobot developers' mailing list(
jde-developers at gsyc.es), you are very welcome to pose questions there, then
everybody will help to resolve your issues soon.

Regards,
Lihang

--
Lihang Li
National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition (NLPR)