[JdeRobot] Debian packages ready!

Maykel Moya mmoya at mmoya.org
Wed Nov 4 00:37:23 CET 2015

On 02/11/15 14:15, Francisco Pérez wrote:

Hi, Francisco

> The second one installs the dependencies needed for JdeRobot to compile.
> Once this package is installed you have to download the source code of
> JdeRobot from github and compile the project as usual (cmake&make).

It has been a breeze installing build dependencies with apt-get install
jderobot-deps. Good job!

A few suggestions:
- The project builds with gcc 4.8. I think you can remove the explicit
dependency on gcc-4.6 and depend on build-essential.
- There is a missing dependency on libqt4-opengl-dev.

I've built a Docker image[1] with everything needed to build the project
to ease testing in a clean environment. If anyone wants to use it, run as:

$ sudo docker pull mmoya/jderobot
$ sudo docker run -it --rm -v $HOME:/home/jderobot -u `stat -c '%u:%g'
$HOME` mmoya/jderobot
jderobot en 6187e44fff85$ cd path/to/jderobot
jderobot en 6187e44fff85$ ./clean_repository
jderobot en 6187e44fff85$ cmake .
jderobot en 6187e44fff85$ make -j `nproc`
jderobot en 6187e44fff85$ exit

(the previous commands assume the jderobot source is inside your home
directory)

Regards,
maykel

[1] https://github.com/mmoya/dockerfiles/blob/master/jderobot/Dockerfile