[JdeRobot] Debian packages ready!

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Mon Nov 2 20:37:33 CET 2015

Hi all,

Congratulations!. Many small bugs have been corrected from the
previous 5.2.4 release. The most important changes in this new 5.3
release are:

1.- full support for ArDrone quadcopter (including 1.0, 2.0 and
2.0+GPS editions). In addition, the introrob.py component has been
developed to teach robotics with drones. The videos in this list [1]
are impressive examples of what can be done with introrob.py

2.- a new package jderobot-deps has been developed just to make the
installation of JdeRobot from the source code more easy. It includes
all the dependences on third party software (pcl, gazebo, opencv....)
required to compile JdeRobot source tree. So: (a) sudo apt-get install
jderobot-deps (b) fork our git repository (c) cmake and make.

3.- we have become international: English is now the official language
in the email list and we have participated in the Google Summer of
Code 2015.

4.- best internal tools: we have migrated to github repository from
our previous svn, and now we use the issue and pull-request mechanisms
for software development. We have integrated Jenkins for continuous
code compilation of the official repository after every change. Cmake
usage has also been refined.

5.- support for a flying kinect sensor in Gazebo, so it moves in 3D
and can be teleoperated [2]. This provides a new tool for research on
RGBD sensors, for instance in 3D map building and localization
algorithms.

Don't miss the roadmap [3] to see what are we working on now.

 Proud of participate in this team,

JoseMaria
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRfHAk1dMiU&list=PLwvpYJwlgekpOg-dK2Iz_jFgcCquayCND&index=4
[2] http://jderobot.org/Jnbosgos#Mapper_3D_RGBD