[JdeRobot] ArDrone Takeoff

militaru92 militaru.andrei92 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 11:17:02 CEST 2015

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the introrob_py component and the quadrotor plugin
for gazebo.
Can someone tell me how does the ArDrone take off once the TakeOff button is
pressed?

I noticed that by pressing the takeoff button, the method of the
ArDroneExtra Proxy is called: takeoff(), however this only changes the state
of the ArDrone, I didn't notice any code that will activate the motors of
the robot.

I assume that in the introrob_py component, there is a function that sends
an initial configuration to the motors of the ArDrone, but I didn't find it.

The reason I am asking this is because I want to integrate my ROS-Ice bridge
so I reimplemented in C++ the GUI in introrob, to work with ROS, but when I
press "takeoff", only the state of the ArDrone changes.

This is where you can find what I have done so far:
https://github.com/militaru92/JdeRobot2015/tree/master/catkin_ws/src

The packages in question are: ARDrone_GUI and ARDroneInterface

Best regards,
Andrei Militaru