[JdeRobot] ArDrone Takeoff

Alberto Martin almartinflorido at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:12:31 CEST 2015

Hi Andrei,

for the real ArDrone (not simulated) introrob_py excutes the method
takeoff() of the ArDroneExtra interface. In that moment the state of
ArDrone change and the Parrot SDK sends to Ar.Drone (via wifi) a AT
command. The ArDrone's onboard firmware receives the AT command and
activates the motors. All code that control the motors, sensors, .... is
embedded in the Ar Drone firmware. In [1] you have the ArDrone developer
guide (see page 19). ardrone_server is a wrapper of Parrot SDK inspired in
ardrone_autonomy[2].

For the simulated ardrone, the quadrotor plugin [3] controls all movements.

regards

[1]:
https://svn.jderobot.org/users/amartinflorido/tfm/docs/ARDrone_Developer_Guide_SDK_2_0.pdf
[2]: https://github.com/AutonomyLab/ardrone_autonomy