[JdeRobot] Problem launching ArDrone + Introrob_py

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Fri May 13 08:46:41 CEST 2016

Hi Julio,

even if you see the robot in gazebo's GUI the plugin may be not
properly loaded. If the plugin is not loaded properly then it will not
start the ICE server and any ICE client will fail, even if the ports
are well configured. Check it running gazebo with the verbose flag,
then you will get more about the inside of the problem. The same
directions you used but with

gazebo --verbose ArDrone.world

JoseMaria

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 7:43 PM, Julio Vega <julio.vega en urjc.es> wrote:
>   Hi again,
>
>   this is my last message for today. I promise...
>
>   In this case, when I try to follow these instructions [1], the command
> "gazebo ArDrone.world" goes fine, but I suppose the other side command is
> obsolete. I mean "introrob_py --Ice.Config=introrob_py_simulated.cfg" it
> doesn't exist anymore. If I go to the teaching_robotics local path and
> entering to "introrob_py" folder, I can find a "main.py" which I guess I
> have to launch. It would be something like this: "python main.py
> --Ice.Config=introrob_py_simulated.cfg".
>
>   This last command shows this message:
> ===================================
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/home/julio/phd/desarrollo/teaching_robotics/src/introrob_py/sensors/sensor.py",
> line 50, in __init__
>     self.cameraProxy = jderobot.CameraPrx.checkedCast(basecamera)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/jderobot/camera_ice.py", line 710, in checkedCast
>     return _M_jderobot.CameraPrx.ice_checkedCast(proxy,
> '::jderobot::Camera', facetOrCtx, _ctx)
> ConnectionRefusedException: Ice.ConnectionRefusedException:
> Connection refused
> ===================================
>
>   I get the same error as I got and I explained in the previous e-mail with
> "pioneer + introrob". So, I finally deduce something is definitely wrong
> with gazebo plug-in.
>
>   Please, any tip? Thanks,
>
>   Julio
>
> [1]