[JdeRobot] GSoC-2017 timeline has been released

JoseMaria CaƱas Plaza josemaria.plaza at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:47:31 CEST 2016

Hi developers,

Google has just released the timeline for its program Google Summer of
Code-2017 [1].

Our JdeRobot open source project was happily selected for GSoC-2015
and three students were funded by Google that summer. In GSoC-2016 we
were not selected but were close to acceptance (as organizers told
me). One of the handicaps they pointed out was the small size of our
project in developers.

We will apply again for GSoC-2017. We have grown in size and in
functionality. In particular the progress in TeachingRobotics is
awesome. Please (1) consider your interest in participating as
JdeRobot mentor (just drop me a line if you are interested) and (2)
propose any project you think may improve our middleware so we could
include it in the JdeRobot's application next year.

Best regards,

JoseMaria
[1] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
--