[JdeRobot] skipping packages for 32-bit machines?

Luis Roberto Morales lr.morales.iglesias at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:52:38 CEST 2016

Hello,

In my opinion, we should keep the support for 32-bit (i386) whenever
possible but giving priority to 64bit (amd64) package generation and
debugging.

It is true that 32bit consumer systems are dissapearing, but there are some
areas where they are still alive, like some industries where upgrading
seems difficult (i. e., some factories still keep punched tape-based
systems, not even refusing to upgrade themo but also reassignig to new
tasks) or that refuse to use new "not-too-tested" things.
Also, is not too unusual to find people that have an old "spare" PC for
testing, being one of the reasons the fear to break in some way their
systems while testing unknown technologies.

Maybe "old" 32bit computers can't handle too complex algorithms or take too
much time to give results, but can be used for light tasks or as an entry
point to JdeRobot.

Regards,
Roberto