[JdeRobot] "kobukilib" related error when installing jderobot on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

jsa javierjsa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:16:56 CET 2017

Hi,

I sent the following message to Jde-developers-request at gsyc.urjc.es by
mistake, sorry for any inconvenience.

-------------------

I just made a clean install of Ubuntu 16.04.02 LTS and I've followed the
instructions provided at
http://jderobot.org/index.php/Manual-5#Installing_JdeRobot_5.

When I reach the step:

sudo apt-get install jderobot ros-kinetic-turtlebot-gazebo

I get the following error message (approximate translation from Spanish):

'Some packages could not be installed. This means you either asked for
something impossible or, if you are using an unstable distribution, that
some requires packages have not been created yet or have been pulled out
of Incoming.

The following information may help to solve the issue:

jderobot: Depends on: kokubilib but won't be installed
E: Couldn't fix errors, you have broken packages'

The thing is that I tried first with Xubuntu 16.04 on a different
computer and got the same error. Manually installing the missing
dependencies made possible to go a step further but I got stuck again
because the gazebo-setup script wasn't found in my system. I thought
then it was all due to not installing on the regular Ubuntu distro, but
now I'm not so sure .

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thank you.