[JdeRobot] GSOC 2017: Thank You and Introduction

JoseMaria CaƱas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Mon May 8 12:38:48 CEST 2017

Hi Nigel,

congratulations for your acceptance in GSoC-2017 and welcome to
JdeRobot project :-)

Feel free to start playing with the software, maybe running the
examples [1] and exploring several open issues [2] before you
officially start your GSoC-2017 project. Do not hesitate to report on
github any problem.

Cheers,

JoseMaria
[1] http://jderobot.org/index.php/Running_JdeRobot
[2] https://github.com/JdeRobot/JdeRobot/issues

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Nigel Fernandez <ni9elf en gmail.com> wrote:
> I, Nigel Fernandez, am in the fourth year of my integrated masters in
> computer science from the International Institute of Information Technology,
> Bangalore (IIIT-B), India. I passionate about research (theoretical and
> practical) in machine learning. I'm excited to be working with JdeRobot for
> GSOC 2017. I thank the entire community for this opportunity especially my
> mentor Francisco Rivas for guiding me in writing a good proposal and welcome
> Alberto Martin as my co mentor for my project " Deep Learning to Detect
> Objects in Images from RGB-D Input
> <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6245453541670912>  ". I look
> forward to a productive and fun summer and aim to contribute to the JdeRobot
> community during and after GSOC.
>
> Thank you once again. Happy developing!
>
> With warm regards,
> Nigel Fernandez