[JdeRobot] Introductory Mail

JoseMaria CaƱas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Sat Mar 7 13:01:42 CET 2020

Hi Kirtan,

thanks for your interest in JdeRobot. We have just updated the instructions
for JdeRobot GSoC selection process [1]. Please re-submit your Google Form,
as you already used the 2019 edition. Now the link in [1] points to the
2020 edition.

Regarding the collaboration with DetectionSuite [2]. Please note that it is
NOT included in the ideas list for GSoC-2020. Despite that you are welcome
to contribute outside GSoC. In such case maybe installing it on your
machine is the best first step, and maybe use it. Feel free to ask doubts
and report problems with it creating issues on its repository [3].

Cheers,

JoseMaria
[1]
https://jderobot.github.io/activities/gsoc/2020#application-instructions-for-gsoc-2020
[2] https://jderobot.github.io/DetectionSuite/
[3] https://github.com/JdeRobot/DetectionSuite

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 10:26 PM Kirtan Mali <kirtanmali555 at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI,
> I am Kirtan Mali, a second-year undergraduate student studying in the
> Department of Agricultural and Food Engineering at IIT Kharagpur. I am very
> interested in contributing to JdeRobots and would like to work on Project
> #4: Robotics-Academy: exercises on Evolutionary Robotics. Have submitted
> the assignments through the google form provided on the Idea List page. I
> am well versed in python and c++. Also have been working in the field of
> robotics for more than a year now.
> I would be glad if you would guide and discuss with me the specifics of
> the project. Also, guide me on how to start contributing to the
> DetectionSuite Module of JdeRobot.
>

> [image: Mailtrack]
> <https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&> Sender
> notified by