[JdeRobot] Application stagnated due to non-availability of ROS

Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay hmrishavbandyopadhyay at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 15:36:47 CET 2020

Hi,
I am Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay, a 2nd year Electronics and Telecommunication
Engineering Undergrad at Jadavpur University and am interested in
participating in GSOC 2020. The problem I am facing with my application is
that it requires me to install JdeRobot Academy that depends on ROS on
Ubuntu. The ROS melodic version however, does not support Ubuntu 20.04 as
of now with the release date far back in May 2020 (Noetic Ninjemys). I
would like to know if I have to make a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 (or
Dual Boot ) for my application to be considered.
Regards,
Hmrishav Bandyopadhyay.