[JdeRobot] Fwd: GSoC 2020 introduction | Project 1: Robotics Academy: new computer vision exercises

Eduardo Perdices edupergar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 08:23:27 CET 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nemath Ahmed <nemath.ahmed14 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 7:31 AM
Subject: GSoC 2020 introduction | Project 1: Robotics Academy: new computer
vision exercises
To: <edupergar at gmail.com>, <n.arranz.agueda at gmail.com>

Dear Eduardo Perdices and Ignacio Arranz,

I am Nemath Ahmed <https://nemathahmed.github.io/>, an undergrad student
from the Indian Institute of Technology, Indore from the department of
Electrical Engineering. I am currently in the pre-final year of my
undergraduate degree. I have been exploring and performing multiple
projects right from the start of my first year. Currently, I work with my
main focus on Computer Vision(*both traditional vision and modern CNNs*)
and Human-Computer Interaction. Currently, I am also working with TU
Dresden, Germany to implement vision algorithms on edge using Intel Neural
Compute Stick and will be working with Univ. of Strasbourg on improving the
existing image-guided-surgical techniques with IHU-Strasbourg, France.
This year I would love to be a part of JdeRobot and contribute to
open-source development through GSoC 2020 from summer 2020 during my
college break.

The project that interests me is 'Robotics Academy: new computer vision
exercises' given my proficiency in python and computer vision. I would like
to know more about this projects and get suggestions from you as to which
are the other project that I can also work on. You can view my past work on
my website.in <https://nemathahmed.github.io/>

These are links to my other pages:
LInkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/nemathahmed/>
GItHub <https://github.com/nemathahmed>
Blog <https://pixeldance.tech.blog/>

Hoping to connect with you and contribute to JdeRobot this summer.

Regards,

Nemath Ahmed

III-Year Bachelor of Technology