[JdeRobot] 2022 May newsletter

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza josemaria.plaza at gmail.com
Sun May 8 08:16:19 CEST 2022

Hi JdeRobot community,

here you are the most relevant advances along the last month in our
software projects:

1.- RoboticsAcademy [4]
11.- Carlos Caminero has finished a new exercise at RoboticsAcademy, the
FollowPerson exercise using ROS2. Both with a simulated TurtleBot2 robot
[2] and with a real one [1].
12.- the development roadmap for the next months have been published at
[3]. Feel free to discuss it there.

2.- FPGA-Robotics [5]:
David Lobato finished a first prototype of open FPGA simulated with
Verilator. Richard Nicklas has extended it with two more drivers which
allow the connection of real webcams [6] and simulated cameras [7] to those
simulated FPGAs.

3.- MachineLearning in Robotics:
Some JdeRobot members have submitted a scientific paper to the ICRA
workshop on Autonomous Driving [10] regarding our research on
DeepLearning-based neural control of an autonomos car, which involves
BehaviorMetrics [8] and DeepLearningStudio [9] open source projects. The
draft paper can be found at [11].

4.- the candidate selection for Google Summer of Code 2022 goes on.

Best,

JoseMaria
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Jb4KJwyDM
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAU465eVxQ