[JdeRobot] GSOc'23 Project #4: Robotics-Academy: improve Deep Learning based Human Detection exercise

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza josemaria.plaza at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:20:24 CET 2023

Hi Arnav,

nice to meet you. Feel free to share videos in the RoboticsAcademy
Discussions [1] and in Twitter, mentioning @JdeRobot, of your solutions to
the DeepLearning exercises in operation, Digit Classifier and Human
Detector.

The best way to start contributing to JdeRobot is to get familiar with our
software products. In particular, RoboticsAcademy is the most active one
and a priority project. Just USE RoboticsAcademy (solve and provide
feedback) about the exercises already available in current release [2]
(FollowLine, ObstacleAvoidance, VacuumCleaner, LocalizedVacuumCleaner...).
They use the browser as the only GUI (for source code editing and for
exercise monitoring), and a docker image for running the Gazebo simulator
(it is named RADI= RoboticsAcademy Docker Image). The docker image already
includes a Django webserver for providing the exercise webpages. Please use
the GitHub Discussions [1] for questions (you will receive support there)
and report any detected bug creating an issue for each one in the
RoboticsAcademy repository [3]. After using RoboticsAcademy, a second step
in contributing is studying its source code and improving it with
Pull-Requests. All the feedback and comments, better at the repositories
(issues, Discussions...) instead of email messages.

Cheers,

JoseMaria
[1] https://github.com/JdeRobot/RoboticsAcademy/discussions
[2] https://jderobot.github.io/RoboticsAcademy/exercises/
[3] https://github.com/JdeRobot/RoboticsAcademy

On Wed, Mar 8, 2023 at 10:57 PM Arnav Zutshi <arnzut1324 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings Community!
> I am Arnav Zutshi, a Third Year undergraduate pursuing BTech. majoring in
> Computer Engineering. I have been extensively involved in the field of
> Machine Learning and Deep Learning for a considerable duration of time.
>
> This mail is regarding my interest for *project#4 (improve Deep Learning
> based Human Detection exercise)**. I have done the required task for the
> project,* i.e the Robot Academy Setup task as well as the Python task and
> have submitted the Web form. *I have also been actively contributing to
> RobotsAcademy on github. *Considering my educational and professional
> background I found this project very engaging and suited to my skills.
>
> Hope to learn and implement cutting-edge technologies and contribute to
> this amazing community!
>
> Regards
> Arnav Zutshi

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos