[JdeRobot] GSoC'24: Project #8: Robotics Academy: improvement of autonomous driving exercises

Abdallah Ibrahim abdallah.ibrahim5115 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 02:42:14 CEST 2024

Greetings Community,

I am Abdallah Ismail, a second-year undergraduate CS student at Ain Shams
University, Egypt.

I want to inquire about the details of GSoC Project #8: Robotics Academy:
Improvement of Autonomous Driving Exercises.

I understand the main goal of the project is to update the Car Junction
exercise by updating its template, its front end, and the car models by
using the new autonomous car model, with Ackermann dynamics, developed last
year.
Also, another goal is to add an onboard LIDAR sensor to this new car model

I have finished the GSoC programming tests and submitted my response to the
web form.

I would like to ensure that my understanding of the deliverables is precise
and ask for any tips for finalizing my proposal. Also, what other
autonomous driving exercises would be of high priority to update or enhance?

Thanks in advance. I am eager to learn from and contribute to this great
community!!

Best regards,

Abdallah Ibrahim Ismail