[JdeRobot] GSoC'24: Project #8: Robotics Academy: improvement of autonomous driving exercises

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza josemaria.plaza at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:27:14 CEST 2024

Hi Abdallah,

yes, that is the main goal. The car model of the AutoParking exercise could
also be updgraded  In addition other Gazebo scenarios could be prepaired.

As it is a little bit late (today is the deadline for the application
submission deadline), feel free to upload your proposal to the official
GSoC web page. The best you have before the deadline, even if you do not
receive any further feedback from us.

Cheers,

JoseMaria

On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 2:42 AM Abdallah Ibrahim <
abdallah.ibrahim5115 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings Community,
>
> I am Abdallah Ismail, a second-year undergraduate CS student at Ain Shams
> University, Egypt.
>
> I want to inquire about the details of GSoC Project #8: Robotics Academy:
> Improvement of Autonomous Driving Exercises.
>
> I understand the main goal of the project is to update the Car Junction
> exercise by updating its template, its front end, and the car models by
> using the new autonomous car model, with Ackermann dynamics, developed last
> year.
> Also, another goal is to add an onboard LIDAR sensor to this new car model
>
> I have finished the GSoC programming tests and submitted my response to
> the web form.
>
> I would like to ensure that my understanding of the deliverables is
> precise and ask for any tips for finalizing my proposal. Also, what other
> autonomous driving exercises would be of high priority to update or enhance?
>
> Thanks in advance. I am eager to learn from and contribute to this great
> community!!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Abdallah Ibrahim Ismail

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos