[KGB-L3] Dr Scratch

Gregorio Robles grex at gsyc.urjc.es
Tue Feb 8 00:14:09 CET 2022

  Dear Sandy,

  sorry for the late reply, but I have been busy these last few days. We
are more than happy if you build something on top of Dr. Scratch. We have a
prototype for Scratch Jr. as well made by an undergraduate student for her
undergraduate thesis, but haven't had the time to test it thoroughly and
put it into production.

  I'd be happy to hear your ideas and thoughts, so I'd be glad to have a
little virtual chat.

  regards, Gregorio

El vie, 4 feb 2022 a las 9:19, Alexander Enoch (<alexander at robotical.io>)
escribió:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Sandy and I run an educational technology company called
> Robotical. We make Marty the Robot, a walking robot that can be programmed
> with a Scratch-based interface, as well as with python, with colour cards
> for screen-free coding, and a scratch-jr based interface. We aim to make
> coding fun and engaging for all students, and make a lot of lessons and
> learning materials to help teachers use Marty in the classroom.
>
> We really like the approach of Dr Scratch / hairball to analysing
> competency in computational thinking, and we're hoping to build a similar
> kind of functionality into our coding interface. I think it's great that
> you can get an idea of student learning beyond checking if a tutorial has
> been read, or if a specific expected code sequence has been produced by the
> student
>
> I was wondering if you would be happy for us to take inspiration from your
> work? I know the code is open source and hairball is on a licence that
> allows for commercial use, but it would be great to have your support to
> build on the foundations you have made.
>
> If you'd be open to a more formal collaboration too that would be great -
> just let us know!
>
> All the best,
>
> Sandy
>
> --