[KGB-L3] Dr. Scratch Off-line use

Machado, Tiago ti.machado at northeastern.edu
Thu Jan 13 17:37:34 CET 2022

Dear Dr. Scratch Team,

My team in Northeastern University (lead by Prof. Casper Harteveld and Prof. Giovanni Troiano) is working on the analysis of computational thinking metrics. To do this work we are using Hairball and the Dr. Scratch website. An issue we're facing is that Hairball seems to be outdated, and not able to analyze .sb3 projects. However, we can do this with Dr. Scratch website. Since we have a huge amount of projects to analyze, I'm looking for a way to input a folder path, and having Dr. Scratch running all the analysis and generate a spreadsheet with all the numbers.

I'd like to extend Dr. Scratch to perform this action. I was looking at the GitHub repo (https://github.com/jemole/drScratch) and if you can point me to where are the classes/function that gets a .sb3 file as input and outputs the CT metrics, would help me a lot. Also, is there a Dr. Scratch version detached from the DJango framework?

Best Regards,
Tiago
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/9ca80413ab6e93e5e37292d2e2cb0590c88a2ef1904d8f65c63ece89ea50b053/jemole/drScratch]<https://github.com/jemole/drScratch>
jemole/drScratch: drScratch is an analytical tool that evaluates your Scratch projects in a variety of computational areas to provide feedback on aspects such as abstraction, logical thinking, synchronization, parallelization, flow control, user interactivity and data representation. This analyzer is a helpful tool to evaluate your own projects, or those of your Scratch students. - GitHub<https://github.com/jemole/drScratch>
drScratch is an analytical tool that evaluates your Scratch projects in a variety of computational areas to provide feedback on aspects such as abstraction, logical thinking, synchronization, parallelization, flow control, user interactivity and data representation. This analyzer is a helpful tool to evaluate your own projects, or those of your Scratch students.
github.com