[KGB-L3] Dr. Scratch Off-line use

Gregorio Robles grex at gsyc.urjc.es
Mon Jan 17 11:07:23 CET 2022

  Dear Tiago,

  there is a way to do batch analysis as you intend, basically by using the
scripts in Dr. Scratch in a slightly different way. I am sorrily not aware
of the details, but I hope Jesús, whom I am putting in copy to this e-mail,
can help.

  Jesús, ¿could you please guide Tiago on how to do what he wants? Thanks!

  regards, Gregorio

El sáb, 15 ene 2022 a las 18:59, Machado, Tiago (<
ti.machado at northeastern.edu>) escribió:

> Dear Dr. Scratch Team,
>
> My team in Northeastern University (lead by Prof. Casper Harteveld and
> Prof. Giovanni Troiano) is working on the analysis of computational
> thinking metrics. To do this work we are using Hairball and the Dr. Scratch
> website. An issue we're facing is that Hairball seems to be outdated, and
> not able to analyze .sb3 projects. However, we can do this with Dr. Scratch
> website. Since we have a huge amount of projects to analyze, I'm looking
> for a way to input a folder path, and having Dr. Scratch running all the
> analysis and generate a spreadsheet with all the numbers.
>
> I'd like to extend Dr. Scratch to perform this action. I was looking at
> the GitHub repo (https://github.com/jemole/drScratch) and if you can
> point me to where are the classes/function that gets a .sb3 file as input
> and outputs the CT metrics, would help me a lot. Also, is there a Dr.
> Scratch version detached from the DJango framework?
>
> Best Regards,
> Tiago
> <https://github.com/jemole/drScratch>
> jemole/drScratch: drScratch is an analytical tool that evaluates your
> Scratch projects in a variety of computational areas to provide feedback on
> aspects such as abstraction, logical thinking, synchronization,
> parallelization, flow control, user interactivity and data representation.
> This analyzer is a helpful tool to evaluate your own projects, or those of
> your Scratch students. - GitHub <https://github.com/jemole/drScratch>
> drScratch is an analytical tool that evaluates your Scratch projects in a
> variety of computational areas to provide feedback on aspects such as
> abstraction, logical thinking, synchronization, parallelization, flow
> control, user interactivity and data representation. This analyzer is a
> helpful tool to evaluate your own projects, or those of your Scratch
> students.
> github.com

Gregorio Robles
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos