[JdeRobot] Depth image

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza josemaria.plaza at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:32:22 CEST 2015

Hi Rebeca,

yes, using only the first byte (R) you are getting the summary of the
depth (255 levels up to MAX_LENGTH). To get the full depth information
better use the other two bytes (G and B) according to the encoding
described in [1].

Cheers,

JoseMaria
[1] http://jderobot.org/index.php/Interfaces#Depth_Image_in_RGBD_sensors

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:38 AM, rsaezd <rebeca.92.saez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good nigth,
>
> I am using OpenniServer to get images of Xtion. For depth image I use the
> following code:
> /       jderobot::ImageDataPtr data_d =
> cprx_d->getImageData(colorspaces::ImageRGB8::FORMAT_DEPTH8_16.get()->name);
>         image_d.create(data_d->description->height, data_d->description->width,
> CV_8U/C3);
>
> To display the image depth grayscale I use the first byte:
> /    cv::vector<cv::Mat> rgb;
>     cv::split(result, rgb);
>     cv::cvtColor(rgb[0], result, CV_GRAY2RGB);/
>
> But I think I'm missing information using only the first byte.
> I don't understand how OpenniServer send depth information. Could anyone
> help me?
>
> Thanks and regards
>

> --

Universidad Rey Juan Carlos