[JdeRobot] Mk802IV with Jderobot

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza josemaria.plaza at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:49:34 CET 2015

Hi Jose Antonio,

maybe the problem is not on ICE, just on the image capture. AFAK
cameraserver last release uses opencv to get the images. Have you tried any
opencv vanilla application (non JdeRobot) to capture and show images from
the webcam on that MK802-IV computer?

JoseMaria

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Jose Antonio Fernandez <cbyte18 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm installing Ice in the same device but apply the patch you say Jderobot
> compile but cameraserver gives this error:
>
> VIDIOC_DQBUF: Invalid argument
> libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument
>
> I suppose that this patch is not enough at least to cameraserver
>
> But Andres if you takes a different result applying this patch please say
> to me because I've installed too a cross compiled of Ice to armhf so It's
> ok or not.
>
> Thanks

> >:
>
>>  El 25/03/15 a las 12:48, Andrés J Hernández Escobar escribió:
>>
>> I'm trying to install Jderobot on a MK802IV which has an ARM processor.
>> I'm having problems with ICE3.4 (I have installed Ubuntu 12.04 on it). Has
>> someone installed Jderobot on it or an ARM?
>>

>> I had jderobot working on a GK802. I had to do some modifications to ICE
>> headers to achieve that.
>>

>>  My current problem is when I'm compiling Jderobot, ICE posts this error
>> when compiling interfaces:
>> "
>> /usr/include/IceUtil/Config.h:45:5: error: #error "Unknown architecture"
>>  "
>> I check that file and it describes the architecture and the order of
>> bytes (big or little endian). But it doesn't describes ARM architecture.
>> I have also written on ICE forums in case they also help me.
>>

>> I think that I posted a thread in ICE forums and ask for a patch a couple
>> of years ago. I don't know what happened with that issue but you can do a
>> workarround editing your Config.h file and define only ICE_LITTLE_ENDIAN at
>> the start (comment the rest of code trying to detect the architecture).
>>
>> I think that I had a more elegant solution (patch), I'll look for it for
>> you.
>>
>> Regards

> --
> *Jose Antonio Fernandez Casillas*