[JdeRobot] Mk802IV with Jderobot

Oscar Garcia oscar.robotica at linaresdigital.com
Thu Mar 26 14:36:47 CET 2015

Hi Jose Antonio.

Sorry for my late answer, I lost your message down my inbox.

El 25/03/15 a las 20:23, Jose Antonio Fernandez escribió:
> I'm installing Ice in the same device but apply the patch you say
> Jderobot compile but cameraserver gives this error:
> VIDIOC_DQBUF: Invalid argument
> libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Invalid argument

This is not a opencv or ice error. As you can see is a video4linux (or
module/driver) error.

> I suppose that this patch is not enough at least to cameraserver

The patch was enough, but there is a problem with your webcam and/or USB
bus.

Try the same fix that I told in another thread:

sudo rmmod uvcvideo
sudo modprobe uvcvideo nodrop=1

If it is not enough then try this:

sudo rmmod uvcvideo
sudo modprobe uvcvideo timeout=10000 quirks=0x80 nodrop=1

If it fixed your problem you can do them permanently with:

echo "uvcvideo timeout=10000 quirks=0x80 nodrop=1" | sudo tee -a
/etc/modprobe.d/jderobot_workarround.conf

Almost all my problems with webcams in the GK802 and Raspberry was fixed
with that line.

Best regards.