[JdeRobot] ArDrone Takeoff

Daniel Yagüe Sánchez daniyague24 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 10:13:14 CEST 2015

Hello Andrei,

The movement of the drone in QuadrotorPlugin is computed by getting and
applying the equivalent forces and torques produced by the four rotors to
the drone model, so it only calculates one force and one torque. They are
calculated periodically and applied in the onupdate function of the
QuadrotorPlugin class.

When takeoff() runs, it changes the drone state, as you say. Depending on
the state, the force and the torque are weighted by different factors. In
takingoff state, the factor is greater than in flying or landing.

So it doesn't activate each rotor directly or generate one force for each
one. This makes it easier to program and the result is still similar to the
real model.

Best regards,
Daniel