[JdeRobot] Failed examples

JoseMaria Cañas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Sun Jun 5 14:43:45 CEST 2016

Hi Alberto,

kind of weird. Let's check the basics first:
1.- do you have Ubuntu 14.04 linux?
2.- have you installed JdeRobot following the directions [1], from package?

About 2.1 example:
It seems that the cameraserver does not connect at all to any camera
and so it does not provides the ICE ports the cameraview components
try to talk to.

Do you have camera plugged on your computer? Does its light turn on
when launching cameraserver?

About 4.1 example:
It seems that the libraries for OpenGL are not properly installed on
your machine. What graphics card does your machine have? Check the
graphics acceleration on your machine with glxgears command (install
mesa-utils if needed: sudo apt-get install mesa-utils) and dump here
its output.

Cheers,

JoseMaria
[1] http://jderobot.org/index.php/Manual-5#Installing_JdeRobot_5